viernes, 16 de julio de 2010

1. What do you like best about English?
Always you can see the english language in whatever place also now is so important if you want a good job... It's the universal language for that reason is the most useful language in whole world.

2. What do you like least about English?
Something bad about english language is that for me, always is a little bit complicated when you want to say something because first I think in spanish and then I try to translate in english.

3. What are your strongest language skills?
I think my interest about the language. I have many years learning english, trying to improve it and go on with my studies.

4. What are your weakest skills?
My listening skills and my grammar skills, always I try to improve about that. When I listen english I try to understand all, but some times people talk so fast and it's dificult to understand for me.

5. What do you most need to improve and why?
First, my listening skills because if you want to have a good job you must know all about the language and have a excelent english level.
Next, my grammar skills because when I'm speaking english I make mistakes and people don't understand me.

6. What activities are most helpful?
I think listen people talking in english, review grammar topics, listen music, see a movie and this kind of activities.

5 comentarios:

  1. Hi Jesus!

    Thanks for completing your blog entry. I liked reading your responses, and I have a few comments.

    First, I think you're right that your interest in learning is a major asset. Motivation is a key factor in successful language learning. You also mentioned that your weak areas were listening and grammar. What do you do outside of class to help improve these areas?

    Second, I think that your speaking skills have improved since the first class we had together, but there's always room for more improvement. I'll try to give you and your classmates activities that can help you develop your spontaneous speaking skills.

    Finally, in terms of your answers, there are a few corrections or suggestions I'd make. Your answers are clear, but you're occasionally missing little "nuts and bolts" type words, like "to" or "it."

    For example, you say: "When I listen English I try understand all..." The corrected sentence would read: "When I listen to English I try to understand everything."

    Similarly, you need to be sure to include subjects with your verbs, like "...for that reason IT is the most useful language." Since our verbs don't change like Spanish verbs, we have to always explicitly mention the subject we're referring to.

    Finally, be sure to capitalize the first letters in a language name, like Spanish and English, even if they're being used as adjectives.

    I think you're doing well, but you need to be careful to switch out of Spanish mode when you're writing. There are strong suggestions that you're translating some phrases in your mind, and although I understand what you're saying, it does sound a bit "Spanish-y" sometimes. So instead of thinking of a phrase in Spanish and wondering how to say it in English, just try to get in the habit of thinking in English phrases from the very start.

    I'll look forward to hearing more of your thoughts. Good luck, and have a good week!

    Ryan

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi!! I agree with you, listening its difficult when someone speak very fast, you cant know everything because its imposible, just dont try to understand word by word, try to listen the phrase as a whole. The entry is really good, but remember to write English and Spanish with capital. Also, in the last question, its not "this kind of activities", I think is "that kind of activities".

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Jesus!!
    I like your post and you wrote that first you think in Spanish and then you translate it to Englih, it´s better not to do that, you need to think in English always when you are talking, so that is my suggestion! Good luck!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Sorry my mistake, is English not Englih!! jajaja sorry...

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hey Everyone!

    Good to see that you're checking out each others' blogs (it WAS homework, but still, it's nice to see!).

    Good comments, Sharon and Kevin. And actually, it should be "those types of activities."

    What a terrible language, eh? :)

    See you all tomorrow!
    Ryan

    ResponderEliminar