jueves, 26 de agosto de 2010



Cultural Values

Few days ago, I was in the bus station and I was waiting my bus, then I saw a person so angry and the reason was he had to wait the bus too jaja :-) in that moment I just ignored him but more time passed and he was more angry and the end he decided to go and then 2 min late the bus left the bus station, then when I was in the bus I couldn't stop to laugh about him jajaja. In that example I think the cultural value is "patient" because him never be patient, maybe he had to do a lot of activities.

Other example:

It was like five months ago, I went to Jaco beach and when I came back the bus didn't work. All people had to wait many time and nobody helped the driver to fixed the bus. For that reason we had to wait three hours!! If someone would have helped the driver maybe we had had to wait less. Also a lot of cars passed so fast near us and anyone decided to stop and asked to the driver if needed some help. In that situation I think the value was "cooperation" because nobody helped! People was thinking about themselves.

And the last example:

Today I had to go to the bank, when I was into the bank I saw three old people but, they hadn't to stand in the line, and they passed first than the youth people.

I think the cultural value in the example is "Respect of age" because always the youth people have to be polite and helpful with old people and try to help them in whatever aspect that they need
.







1 comentario:

  1. OK, interesting behaviors and interpretations. If you say patience is a cultural value, though, do you think that Costa Ricans are more or less patient than people in other cultures?

    ResponderEliminar